brotha2Brotha

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Industry: Michael Jai Part Deux

It's official: the CBS' drama Clubhouse has struck out. The net pulled the plug on the show last week, so the show that's supposed to air tonight will not.

But we luv looking at Michael Jai White, and hate the thought of him going on unemployment (again) so, we made some calls and found out that he is making two movies right now. The Playmakers of New Orleans is in post-production (editing, sound effects, dubbing, etc.), and co-stars Boris Kodjoe as an NFL player.

He's also working on another production, Getting Played. By its clever and original title, you can assume its a black romantic comedy. The press release sez "three beautiful women decide, on a bet, to select and seduce a total stranger." (Sounds like a typical weekend for some people, I know.)

It has also the usual suspects: Vivica Fox, Tichina Arnold (been absent fo' a minute), Bill Bellamy, Stacey Dash (from Clueless) and ... Carmen Electra, so I'm sho' nobody will be "thanking the Academy."

Time for my obligatoring name dropping, so ... how about a Carmen Electra story? When I was in Chicago in the late 90s, she was hanging out with Dennis Rodman (remember him?) who played for the Bulls. I worked in local news, and he did sports commentary at my station. Twice after sports, I went clubbing with them (read: Dennis, Carmen and their entourage, which grew by the week and ultimately included two Hummers and Caddy). Twice after sports, I went clubbing with them (read: Dennis, Carmen and their entourage, which grew by the week and ultimately included two Hummers and Caddy). Carmen told me she loved guys who worked out. Apparently, Dennis did too. He tipped the go-boyz with $20s.

On Friday, I mentioned that Jai White had a small role in a great film Two Days in the Valley. Can't find any pics, but here's the DVD. He plays (gulp) a musclebound homothug.