brotha2Brotha

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Gangsta Wrap


Posted by Hello Yesterday, rap artist ODB collapsed and died in a Manhattan recording studio. Details are sketchy, and an autopsy is scheduled to determine the COD (in the biz, what we call the Cause of Death). Reports say ODB--born Russell Jones--complained of chest pains. You'll recall, he had numerous run-ins with the law, like prison sentences for drug possession and escaping a rehab clinic. He would have turned 36 on Monday.

ODB was one of the founding members of the Wu Tang Clan. I love their beats, strong, deep, tight hooks. Ghostface Killah is my fave of the group. Yo, I get chills every time I hear Cherchez LaGhost. I've never been too partial to ODB--I just disliked his ghetto fab persona, and all the drama. But, it sold records. Unfortunately, he'll probably become another martyr, like B.I.G. or Tupac.